Join our team! We are currently hiring for the following role:
Part-Time Floor Staff Position
Union Studio Floor Staff’s top priority is to provide excellent service to our in-store customers. During downtime, floor staff will prepare packaging, perform housekeeping tasks, assemble gift sets, and assist management with other tasks.
This position is primarily for Friday and Saturday shifts in our Tower Grove location, from 10 AM to 4 PM. We are hiring for 10-15 hours a week, but we are a small staff, and every individual is integral to the team. Flexibility to fill in other shifts or work at our Webster Groves location is required.
As a very small business, Union Studio employs a staff who all work together to achieve our goals. These goals can change quickly if a new opportunity or priority arises. Floor staff members must be flexible, ready to pitch in, and be able to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks in an effective and timely manner. It is essential to the job that floor staff are able to juggle more than one task at a time and have a strong attention to detail.
Floor staff must also take an interest in our business model, specifically in learning about our contributing artists. We take our duty to represent our artists well very seriously. Our customers also care deeply about this aspect of our business and enjoy talking with staff about products, artists, and gift recommendations. As customer service is the top priority, a willingness to work one-on-one with customers is essential.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who have experience in and desire to work in social media and/or marketing.
Daily tasks of floor staff include but are not limited to:
- Independently open/close the shop following all protocol
- Welcome and greet customers as they enter the store
- Offer help and provide direct assistance to customers, demonstrating in-depth product knowledge
- Package and or wrap gift items
- Process purchases, returns, and exchanges through our POS
- Organize and replenish inventory and help merchandise store
- Fulfill online orders
- Stamp, sticker, ribbon, and stock packaging
- Keep our plant friends happy and healthy
- General housekeeping including sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathroom, trash, and recycling
- Staff and help at special events
Starting pay for this position is $14 an hour. There is growth potential for the right candidate in this position in early 2024.
Please email your resume or more information about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org